What is the process of working with Bay + Boardwalk?
Each couple and relationship is unique and we believe that means your invitations should be unique to your wedding as well. Each of the invitation suites we design are fully custom and bespoke to each couple. We work with you to understand your wedding vision, unique aspects and special moments in your relationship and other custom details. We use this information to create a custom invitation design tailored specifically for each couple and wedding.
How long does it take?
Due to the custom nature of our designs and the handmade printing process of letterpress, each wedding invitation suite can take several months to complete. The general process of working together on invitations includes:
- Initial design consultation with the couple to understand wedding inspiration, expectations for invitations and to review overall process.
- Delivery of 2 invitation design mocks for review and feedback.
- 2-3 rounds of revisions on mocks to finalize invitation design.
- Final review and approval of PDF proofs.
- Plating and print production of invitation designs.
- Delivery of final product to couple (assembly of suites not included standard).
When should I aim to mail my invitations?
It is generally recommended that invitations be mailed to guests ~6-8 weeks prior to the wedding date (longer if a destination wedding and/or no Save the Date was sent).
When should I reach out to you to start the process?
As soon as possible! We take a limited number of custom wedding clients each year, so it’s never too early to reach out and get on the schedule.
How much does it cost?
Since each package is custom to your needs, costs can vary. Generally, packages start at $1,000 and go up from there based on the design and components of the invitation suite as well as the desired quantity.